Opportunities with Young & Associates, Inc.
Young & Associates, Inc. is a progressive team of management consultants and support staff dedicated to the success of financial institutions by providing consulting, outsourcing, and educational services to community financial institutions nationwide and overseas. Since our founding in 1978, we have grown and expanded our product and service offerings to include all the major areas of banking, such as risk management, capital planning, strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions, internal audit, branching and expansion, loan review, IT, and regulatory compliance. Through affiliations with state and national banking associations, we also provide educational seminars and training to more than 3,000 bankers each year, and offer a variety of products specifically designed for the community bank – developed by bankers for bankers.
Opportunities with Clients
We are assisting a client in Indiana, on a search for a Compliance Officer. If you know of anyone who may have an interest, please have them contact the Y&A HR department, expressing their interest at email@example.com.
JOB DESCRIPTION: COMPLIANCE OFFICER
DEPARTMENT: Audit & Legal
REPORTS TO: Chief Operations Officer
SUPERVISES: No supervisory responsibility
JOB SUMMARY: Provides administration to oversee the compliance laws and regulations as they
apply to the financial institution.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, administers, and monitors programs to ensure the financial institution’s compliance
with laws, regulations, and rules governing operations and product offerings.
- Trains staff on compliance material and attends training to stay up to date on all new regulatory
- Reviews procedures at least annually from a compliance perspective.
- Acts as a resource for all Bank units and management to complete appropriate research and offer
guidance regarding answers to compliance related questions.
- Performs as a liaison between Bank, Trust/Investments and federal/state compliance examiners,
auditors, and third parties. Facilitates collection of requirements for such audits and exams.
- Actively participates and/or leads CRA, Information Security, ERM, and other risk management
and regulatory programs and requirements.
- Utilizes approved third parties to fulfill compliance reviews, respond to questions, and implement
programs as needed to ensure complete Bank compliance with laws and regulatory requirements
of all Bank units.
- Completes compliance reviews as required.
- Actively achieves individual sales, referral, operational, and community involvement goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, law, and/or five plus years of experience.
- Compliance Certifications or CPA preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of all financial institution policies and procedures.
- Trust, investment banking, and brokerage knowledge preferred.
- Extensive ability to read, analyze and interpret government regulations, trade journals and legal
documents. Must be able to respond to common inquiries from managers, regulatory agencies,
courts, and outside consultants.